Great recipes suitable for your fly-in fishing trip!
Breakfast "On The Go" Muffins
adapted from a recipe by Dishin With Didi
yields 12 muffins
12 slices of bacon
3 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
1/3 Cup Sugar
4 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
2 Cups Milk
2 Large Eggs
2 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, Melted
1 dozen SMALL eggs
1) Pre-heat Oven to 400F
2) Coat muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, oil or butter
3) Fry bacon until done, but NOT too crispy so you can fold it
4) Sift together FLOUR, SUGAR, BAKING POWDER, SALT in a bowl
5) Mix together MILK, 2 EGGS, MELTED BUTTER in a second large bowl
6) Add dry ingredients to wet and mix
7) Full muffin tins half-way with batter. There should be about 3/4 Cup of batter left over.
8) Form bacon slice into a circle and place into the center partially submerged in the batter to make a corral.
9) Crack a small egg into the center of each bacon corral.
10) Cover the eggs with remaining batter, about a tablespoon on each.
11) Put muffin tin into the pre-heated oven and bake for ~25 minutes until golden.
12) Let muffins cool in tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.